Wednesday 13 November 2013

Phase 3_Landscape and Happiness


Today it is just a morning thought I want to share.
 
 
 
A new phase in my immigration process has started. When I first arrived, I had often to go beyond my shyness or uncertainty when I was expected to do important things: talk to strangers remembering to smile, go to offices to have some documents issued, meet teachers, trainers, students, etc…

In this process, at least for me, a big impact was represented by the land itself. The discovery of the territory even for basic things (community center, school, Wall-Mart, etc…) was psychologically speaking challenging for me. I did it, of course, because my sense of self-discipline usually surpasses my fears.






Three years and a half later, heading north with my car, I suddenly realized that for the very first time I was just excited of going somewhere I didn’t know. With my printed Google map itinerary beside me, the music on, a grey sky and some air chilly enough to preannounce the approach of cold season, it was nothing less than pure genuine happiness!
 

The interesting fact is that you don’ t realize that little by little you are reaching that point where something that makes you feel uncertain, apparently out of the blue, becomes easy, natural, nice and actually exciting. This is part of the process as well and it’s something I like to share with any new comer I meet here. Be confident! Amazing results are right behind a corner waiting for you. It is just a matter to find the corner first, though!
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: