Wednesday 27 November 2013

Italian Recorded Vote_Mr Senator & Il Ritorno di Cagliostro

Somebody said today was an important day. For some reason my brain keeps thinking today is just one of those days.
I think of Shakespeare and his Much Ado About Nothing, but - to be honest! - I think of its Italian translation Molto rumore per nulla. It makes more sense to me.

I woke up early and one of the first things we mentioned was the recorded vote that is going to take place very soon today in Italy. Alessandro said  something like it was unbelievable there was need for a vote to establish that a senator, officially guilty, should leave the senate. He had a good point. People compare Mr Senator to Jesus Christ because of this vote, forgetting the reason why they are about to vote!

I don't know why, but the philosopher who usually lives in me waiting for a moment of glory this morning was particularly sleepy. It happened then that only a memory popped up in my mind so, followed by a smile and a quick research on you tube, we ended up laughing while watching a scene of "Il ritorno di Cagliostro" by Cipri and Maresco.

I was thinking in dialect! We don't need a recorded vote, we just need Cipri and Maresco!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBQT86LZ-s0

No comments:

Post a Comment